HomeAttorneysContact UsLocationDisclaimerHelpful Links
Law Offices of Nicki Nicolo
Criminal Defense and Family Law
Criminal Law
Domestic Battery
Sex Crimes
Family Law
Child Support/Putative Fathers



Child Support 

A non-custodial parent must pay child support for any minor children, pursuant
to the Arkansas Family Support Chart. There is a rebuttable presumption that
the chart amount should be paid, however a person may seek a deviation in
certain circumstances.

It will greatly benefit you to hire an attorney in a child support matter. Your
attorney can assure that the proper child support amount is set which can save
you a lot of heartache and money in the end. Maybe you are eligible for a
reduction in child support -– you must go into court and seek that reduction;
a reduction in support will not take effect until the court orders it. 


Putative Fathers

If a child is born out of wedlock, then the biological father is deemed the
‘putative father’ in the eyes of the law. A putative father is not the legal father
and has no rights to the child until he petitions the court for such rights. It is
imperative that all putative fathers establish their rights and specifically ask
for custody/visitation with their child.

I understand that fathers may feel jaded by the courts; courts tend to operate
like a machine and it may feel like it is only about money. A common scenario is
that a father is ordered to pay child support by court order, but leaves court with
no access or visitation with his child. This scenario is easy to avoid by hiring
counsel prior to court.

Contact The Law Offices of Nicki Nicolo 501-353-0371

Email -

HomeAttorneysContact UsLocationDisclaimerHelpful Links